TREK Marlin 6 2021
|Options||Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED LATE AUGUST 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED MID AUGUST 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: M in 29; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED MID MAY 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: M/L in 29; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED MID JULY 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: L in 29; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED LATE JULY 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: XL in 29; Colour: Alpine Blue; EXPECTED EARLY JUNE 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: XXL in 29; Colour: Alpine Blue; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: M in 29; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; EXPECTED MID JULY 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: M/L in 29; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; EXPECTED EARLY SEPTEMBER 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: L in 29; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; EXPECTED LATE AUGUST 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: XL in 29; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: XXL in 29; Colour: Radioactive Red/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Marlin takes its cue from light, fast XC bikes. The right wheel size for each frame size, performance pedigree and an unbeatable ride feel make Marlin the perfect trail rider.
The heart of Marlin 6 is a high quality lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look. It has an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes and a suspension fork with 100mm of travel and a lockout feature that lets you lock the suspension for better efficiency while climbing and road riding. It's built in Trek's trail heritage, but also equipped with features like mounts for a rack and kickstand that make it a great choice for daily commuters.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- Shimano Altus 2x8 speed gearing.
- SR Suntour XCT 30 suspension forks with lock-out.
- Powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, ranging from XS (13.5") to XXL (23"), there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. Extra small and small frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
The XS size also has a shorter 80mm travel fork that gives smaller riders a better fit for a more efficient pedalling position.
Medium and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Upgrades from Marlin 5:
- SR Suntour XCT 30 fork with lock-out function
- 2x8 speed drivetrain
- Shimano M315 Altus shifters
- Shimano M315 Altus front derailleur
- Shimano M310 Altus rear derailleur
- Shimano M315 Altus chainset
Next model up: Marlin 7
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount.
|Forks||SR Suntour XCT 30 HLO, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, custom geometry with 51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M315|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Altus M315, 2x8 (36/22)|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, Blendr-compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Riser alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on XS and S sizes)|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on XS and S sizes)|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-275 (Tektro HD-276 short reach lever on XS and S sizes)|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled alloy|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Comp, 27.5x2.2"/29x2.2"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.