TREK Procaliber 9.7 2020
|Options||Sizes: S (in 27.5), M, M/L, L, XL, XXL (in 29); Colour: Rage Red; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
Sizes: S (in 27.5), M, M/L, L, XL, XXL (in 29); Colour: Matte Trek Black ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Procaliber 9.7 is a race-ready cross country hardtail. It comes with a SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with a trail-smoothing IsoSpeed decoupler, carbon wheels and a RockShox Reba RL suspension fork to keep you fast and smooth over roots, rocks and your most demanding mountain bike rides.
Procaliber's IsoSpeed decoupler delivers uncompromising cross country performance, efficiency and an incredible ride feel. It's the fastest, smoothest, smartest hardtail on the trail.
- OCLV Mountain carbon: the lightweight mountain-specific carbon fibre is tougher, with unique materials and lay-up procedures, Trek's advanced engineering and a higher standard of testing.
- IsoSpeed decoupler: smooth means fast. The innovative decoupler increases vertical compliance without sacrificing efficiency. You ride faster, longer and stronger.
- Doubly stiff - Boost148/110: the wider 148mm rear and 110mm front hub spacing on 29ers creates stronger, less flexy wheels and allows for wider tyres, shorter chainstays and more chainring options.
- Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give you precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
- Tubeless: Procaliber 9.7 is equipped with tubeless ready tyres, tubeless rim tape, tubeless valves and sealant, so get set for better traction, fewer flats and less weight.
- Smart Wheel Size: one wheel size does not fit all. The right size wheel for every frame: 27.5" on small frames, 29er on medium and up. Everyone wins.
- High spec: RockShox Reba RL air fork, SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 carbon wheels
OCLV Mountain Carbon:
The off-road carbon solution. Every carbon mountain bike Trek make is built using OCLV Mountain Carbon. Starting with the patented OCLV process, it is tailored it to the rigours of off-road use. It is reinforced in all the right areas with unique materials, while still preserving the light weight and great Trek carbon feel. It's tougher carbon, built for the trail.
Smart Wheel Size:
With the emergence of the 27.5 (650b) wheel, there is more confusion today than ever surrounding mountain bike wheel size. Smart Wheel Size acknowledges that one wheel size does not fit all. Yet, a bigger wheel is a faster wheel with greater efficiency and momentum to carry you wherever you want to go. Bigger wheels roll better! So, ride the fastest wheel that fits.
For all riders challenged to fit on fast 29" wheels, the small Procaliber hardtails are designed around 27.5" wheels. Medium and up sized bikes offer the speed and efficiency of 29" wheels. Smart Wheel Size is a simple sizing strategy that places riders on the fastest wheel that fits and kills the wheel size confusion.
The best-handling 29ers:
Conventional wisdom says 29ers have sleepy handling compared to 26" wheel bikes. Trek solved that with a custom-offset fork and advanced frame geometry for precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. It's why Trek 29ers handle better than any others.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29er wheel. Boost148 lets you run wider tyres and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
A 15mm front thru axle makes steering more precise for more control, and the quick-release feature makes wheel removal easy.
Fully integrated head tube:
The fully integrated head tube eliminates the need for headset cups, reducing overall weight without sacrificing performance.
Balanced post mount brake:
The brake calliper serves as a structural part of the frame, anchored between the chainstay and seatstay. It reduces weight by eliminating the need for a chainstay/seatstay brace.
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, internal derailleur routing, balanced post mount brake, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers.
|Forks||RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, custom 51mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed|
|Chainset||Truvativ Stylo 6k Eagle Dub, 30T Direct Mount|
|Bottom Bracket||DUB PF92|
|Chain||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Freewheel||SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA IS-2 integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Race Lite alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (S: 690mm)|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT500|
|Rims||Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 carbon, Tubeless Ready|
|Front Hub||Bontrager Kovee Elite, Boost110|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager Kovee Elite, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost148|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, lightweight foldable aramid bead, 29x2.20" (S: 27.5x2.20"), tubeless valves and sealant included|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.