TREK CrossRip 2 2018
|Options||Size: 52cm; Colour: Matte Metallic Charcoal In Stock|
CrossRip is a super-versatile, rugged and reliable road bike. CrossRip pairs the efficiency of a road bike with the go-anywhere durability of something more. It's the one bike that can take you from the daily commute to your weekend adventure. Road bike? Cross bike? Commuter? Gravel grinder? Cafe racer? Yes.
CrossRip 2 may be billed as a rugged commuter bike, but that's assuming that your daily grind covers everything from bike tracks to rough gravel roads. It hits the sweet spot in the CrossRip family for value and performance. A 10-speed Shimano drivetrain, lightweight aluminium frame, carbon fork, disc brakes and endless accessory options make it the high-value, high-versatility choice for riders who want a single all-road bike for more than one type of riding.
- Fast and light: All-new, lighter 200 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with internal cable routing delivers a responsive, nimble and fun ride.
- Balanced: new endurance geometry with a shorter top tube makes CrossRip even more agile. It allows you to see what's going on in the traffic around you while aggressive enough to let you get move on whenever you wish.
- Reliable: Shimano Tiagra gearing, durable TLR wheels and TRP Spyre C mechanical disc brakes.
- Versatile: rack and mudguard mounts; ready for any weather, any ride, tarmac to gravel.
- DuoTrap S compatible: optional DuoTrap S sensor enables the CrossRip to communicate directly with Bluetooth and ANT+ equipped smart phones and cycle computers, so you can have all the ride information you desire. This way, the speed and distance readings are more accurate, you can check your cadence, and you don't need to drain the phone's battery by using power hungry GPS.
Upgrades from CrossRip 1:
- Shimano Tiagra 10-speed drivetrain
- Bontrager Satellite Carbon fork: lighter and enhanced vibration reduction for a smoother ride
- Bontrager sealed cartridge bearing hubs
- Bontrager Hard-Case Ultimate tyres: super-puncture resistant tyres to maximise your riding, minimise your inconvenience
- Bontrager IsoZone handlebar: turn potholes into pavement - integrating IsoZone foam pads directly into the bar's construction provides a minimal increase in diameter, a minimal increase in weight and displaces vibration by 20% for a more comfortable ride
- 200 Series Alpha Aluminium: Trek's high-performance road alloy, formed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- CrossRip geometry: the CrossRip frame is fast enough for road rides, versatile enough for daily service. Geometry is "Dialled" to accommodate larger tyres and mudguards with no toe overlap.
- Internal cable routing: cables routed through the frame keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
- Drop bar: the classic ram's-horn road bike handlebar offers multiple options for hand position and riding stance.
- Mechanical disc brakes: reliable stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy. Handlebar-top brake levers give you extra versatility.
- Compact Shimano Tiagra gearing: two front chainrings with shorter gearing, for the best combination of climbing ability and flat-terrain speed.
- Tubeless Ready: TLR rims will allow you to take the plunge to a tubeless tyre system. Advantages of going tubeless include: a lighter set-up, reduced chance of punctures, and the ability to run grippier, lower tyre pressures without having to worry about pinch punctures.
- Blendr compatible: a stem/accessory integration interface that enables you to position Blendr-compatible front light and computer in a convenient, easy-to-reach-and-see location without the hassle and clutter of extra brackets.
- 3 waterbottle cage mounts
- Compatible with direct mount rear chainstay kickstands (18mm hole spacing)
|Frame||200 Series Alpha Aluminium with rack and mudguard mounts, DuoTrap S compatible, internal cable routing, inboard disc brake mounts.
|Forks||Carbon all-road disc, alloy steerer, with lowrider mounts.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra STI, 10 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Tiagra, compact (50/34)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano Tiagra, 11-34, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, sealed cartridge bearings|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7mm rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||TRP Spyre C 2.0 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor|
|Rear Brake||TRP Spyre C 2.0 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Tiagra STI and Tektro RL721 alloy bar-top levers|
|Rims||Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32 hole
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing alloy|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager H5 Hard-Case Ultimate, puncture resistant, 700x32c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Evoke 1|
|Seatpost||Bontrager, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
|Pedals||Wellgo nylon body with alloy cage|
|Grips||Bontrager gel cork tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.