TREK Crockett 5 Disc 2019
|Options||Sizes: 47, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Matte Dnister Black - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS|
Crockett 5 Disc is the perfect introduction to the world of cyclocross. It's designed with cross-specific details, like a 1x11 drivetrain and a lightweight frame that's easy to carry over barriers, but it's so much more than just a cyclocross bike. It's equally at home on gravel and your morning commute as it is on the cross course.
Serious cyclocross performance meets serious do-it-all adventure in Crockett. The Pro CX race geometry and ultra-light aluminium frame let you explore gravel roads during the week and race to the podium at the weekend.
It's right for you if...
You're rolling into the cyclocross scene and looking for a ride that's everything you need and nothing you don't. Or, you're looking for a great all-around bike with road-style bars that's perfectly suited for everything from cyclocross races and gravel roads to commutes and rail trails.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with extra tyre clearance and an adjustable Stranglehold Dropout that allows you to fine-tune your geometry and easily convert to singlespeed, 12mm thru axles, an IsoSpeed Cross carbon disc fork, powerful flat mount disc brakes for confident braking and the simplicity of a 1x11 drivetrain with SRAM Rival shifters and derailleurs.
- Pure race geometry: With pro rider input, the geometry has been fine-tuned for a powerful, fast, smooth ride that dominates on the most challenging terrain.
- Success is in the Cross-built details: exclusive technologies are the race-ready details that keep you out in front: ultra-stable and compliant IsoSpeed fork; smarter cable routing; a top tube shaped for better shoulderability; rugged 3S chain keeper.
- IsoSpeed fork: Generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increase compliance without sacrificing lateral stiffness. You get more comfort, total control.
- Stranglehold dropout lets you dial in your geometry or easily convert to a single-speed
- Internal cable routing with Control Freak Cable Management keeps things smooth, quiet and clean
- Flat mount disc brakes are elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes
- 12mm through-axles for ultra-precise steering
- Built for a long life of legendary adventures
- Premium 300 Series Alpha aluminium frame, an ultra-precise metal matrix hydroformed into sophisticated size-specific tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- BB86.5 is a wide, stiff press-fit bottom bracket that improves pedalling performance for exhilarating acceleration.
- Performance cable routing: sleek, race-optimised cable routing system virtually eliminates friction for the crispest shifting in all conditions. Three years in the making, and well worth the wait!
- Lightweight IsoSpeed fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration. The generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimises the wheelbase.
An extra curve above the dropout in the swept-leg design creates a smaller angle to the direction of road vibrations. This angle increases fore/aft compliance, better positioning the fork leg to absorb road force rather than transmitting it straight to the rider. The fork lateral stiffness is also increased, maximising both smoothness and control.
- The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Stranglehold dropout: the horizontal sliding dropout with redundant securing mechanisms allows for no-slip single-speed or geared options and provides the ability to dial in the geometry to match each rider's style.
- Massive tyre clearance: Mud is a given in cross, but effectively dealing with it is the difference between winning and just finishing. The frame and fork is opened up to give you the most clearance possible so your race never bogs down.
- Control Freak Cable Management: the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean looks and an easily customisable set-up.
- A 3S chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Cyclocross-specific 1x11 speed SRAM Rival 1 gearing provides the perfect range to tackle whatever the course throws at you.
- 12mm through-axles for ultra-precise steering
|Frame||300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle, Stranglehold dropouts, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper.
|Forks||Trek IsoSpeed Cross full carbon disc, tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle.
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 1, medium cage|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival 1, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Praxis Alba, direct-mount chainring, 40T|
|Bottom Bracket||BB86.5 Press Fit, wider to improve pedalling performance for exhilarating acceleration|
|Freewheel||SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||Integrated, sealed cartridge bearings, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, comes with computer and light mounts|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Tektro Spyre Flat Mount mechanical disc|
|Rear Brake||Tektro Spyre Flat Mount mechanical disc|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Rival 1|
|Rims||Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready disc|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy, 142x12|
|Tyres||Bontrager CX3 Team Issue, 120tpi, aramid bead (foldable), 700x32c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.