TREK Boone 5 Disc 2019
|Options||Sizes: 47, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Solid Charcoal/California Sky Blue - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS|
Boone 5 Disc is the gateway to a fully race-ready carbon cyclocross bike. The lightweight carbon frame has Front and Rear IsoSpeed to take the edge off rough courses, while cross-specific components, a geometry designed with input from pro racers, hydraulic disc brakes and a 1x11 drivetrain make it a great choice for racers and gravel riders alike.
Mud, sweat, tears, triumph. You'll charge through it all with bigger speed, stronger lines, and more confidence than ever before. Boone is the ultimate Cyclocross superbike.
Every aspect of Boone 5 Disc, from its proven CX geometry to its CrossLock removable water bottle cage, was optimised with serious cyclocross aspirations in mind, but its versatility makes it the perfect companion when the race day is over.
It's right for you if...
You're a cyclocross racer or gravel rider looking for the performance advantage of course-smoothing Front and Rear IsoSpeed and a lightweight OCLV Carbon frame.
The tech you get
An ultra-lightweight 600 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Front and Rear IsoSpeed, a 1x11 SRAM Rival 1 drivetrain and powerful flat mount hydraulic disc brakes that provide precision stopping power in even the messiest conditions.
Details (for full details see here):
- Pro Cross technology:
Exclusive pro Cross technologies give you (and World Champion Sven Nys) the winning edge: ultra-stable and compliant IsoSpeed technology, Cross geometry, weather sealed frame, 3S chain keeper.
- OCLV is Trek's patented carbon production process. Over two decades ago, Trek engineers developed the Optimum Compaction, Low Void carbon manufacturing process, enabling them to produce carbon bikes with consistency and quality previously thought impossible. It was an industry breakthrough... and to this day, Trek OCLV carbon frames are the best, most consistent you can buy.
Optimum Compaction means the carbon material is densely compressed, achieving the optimal fibre-to-resin ratio to maximize strength and minimize weight. Low Void (LV) means the carbon has almost no microscopic gaps between carbon layers, achieving a strength that exceeds even aerospace standards.
Each level of OCLV offers the best ride for the money, thanks to an optimal balance of areal weight, stiffness, and compliance. 600 Series OCLV features advanced aerospace materials and weight-saving, performance-enhancing processes like StepJoint technology to achieve the best frame weight/stiffness combinations in the industry.
The right relationship of stiffness to weight is critical to frame performance. Trek run rigorous tests to ensure that the proper stiffness/weight ratio is achieved at every part of the frame to maximise handling, pedalling performance, and ride feel.
Overall frame weight is minimised by using precisely the right amount of material, no more, no less, at every point of the frame for optimal performance and strength. This level of frame refinement requires the unique mix of ultra-high-quality raw materials and exacting manufacturing only Trek can provide.
- Rear IsoSpeed:
The revolutionary IsoSpeed rear decoupler gives professional athletes and riders the world over an immediate advantage over rough roads thanks to double the compliance of a traditional road bike while still putting all the rider's power to the road.
- Front IsoSpeed:
Front IsoSpeed is a decoupler that allows the steerer tube to flex independently from the head tube, increasing the vertical compliance of the front of the bike by about 10% compared to a traditional bike. It reduces vibration without sacrificing any efficiency or control.
- IsoSpeed carbon fork:
It's a one-two punch: generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimises the wheelbase.
An extra curve above the dropout in our swept-leg design creates a smaller angle to the direction of road vibrations. This angle increases fore/aft compliance, better positioning the fork leg to absorb road force rather than transmitting it straight to the rider. Trek have also increased fork lateral stiffness, maximising both smoothness and control.
- BB90 is the widest bottom bracket available on a road/cross bike. This Trek-exclusive carbon BB makes the frame lighter, stiffer, and quicker to accelerate.
- Asymmetric steer tube: A fork has two competing directives, to provide lateral rigidity for precision cornering, and to offer vertical compliance to absorb road imperfections. Trek's asymmetric fork/steering tube is the first steerer specifically shaped to manage both. It gives better comfort and better handling.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Ride Tuned seatpost: the lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort. The no-cut design eliminates traditional seatpost clamping forces, so Trek can use less material at the seat tube junction, resulting in a lighter frame.
Most seatpost systems have to be cut, leaving little or no room for adjustability. The Ride Tuned seatpost system has more than 10cm of adjustment, making it the most adjustable system on the market.
- Control Freak Cable Management
Control Freak is the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system. It allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean aesthetics and an easily customised set-up.
- Weather sealed:
Sealed frame protects your IsoSpeed decoupler and cable routing from the elements. Weather sealed plugs for the housing points, IsoSpeed decoupler, and BB cable guide keep out water and mud and to keep everything running smoothly. The cables are routed internally and give you the option to run full-length housing for maximum protection.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Vanishing mudguard mounts: Discreet mounts accommodate full-coverage mudguards for added utility
|Frame||600 Series OCLV Carbon, Front and Rear IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, BB90, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru axle, Control Freak cable management, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast.
|Forks||Trek IsoSpeed Cross full carbon disc, tapered steerer, Flat Mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle.
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 1, medium cage|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival 1, 11 speed|
|Chainset||SRAM Rival 1, 40T|
|Freewheel||SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearings, sealed 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, comes with computer and light mounts|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||SRAM Rival Flat Mount hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||SRAM Rival Flat Mount hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Rival 1|
|Rims||Bontrager Tubeless Ready disc|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy Centerlock, 142x12|
|Tyres||Bontrager CX3 Team Issue, 120tpi, aramid bead (foldable), 700x32c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.