TREK Marlin 6 Women's 2020
|Options||Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Matte Mulberry; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: M, M/L in 29; Colour: Matte Mulberry; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Aloha Green; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: M, M/L in 29; Colour: Aloha Green - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Marlin 6 Women's is a quality introductory women's cross-country mountain bike with front suspension, a frame and parts designed specifically for women and an upgraded 2x8 drivetrain that's light, simple and easy to use. It's built according to Trek's trail heritage, but is also equipped with details like mounts for a rack and kickstand that make it a great choice for daily commuters.
The Marlins feature sleek Alpha Silver Aluminium frames that are closer in geometry and weight to their more race-oriented siblings, the X-Caliber. The advanced new frame has internal routing for all cables and housing, along with internal routing ports for dropper post upgrades and an updated 31.6mm seat tube.
The Marlin is a true performance bike, fully capable of long rides and races. It offers so much more than might be expected at this price point.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- Shimano Altus 2x8 speed gearing.
- SR Suntour XCT 30 suspension forks with lock-out.
- Powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, ranging from extra small (13.5") to extra extra large (23"), there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. Extra small and small frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
Madium and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Upgrades from Marlin 5 Women's:
- SR Suntour XCT 30 fork with lock-out function
- 2x8 speed drivetrain
- Shimano M315 Altus shifters
- Shimano M315 Altus front derailleur
- Shimano M310 Altus rear derailleur
- Shimano M315 Altus chainset
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount.
|Forks||SR Suntour XCT 30 HLO, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, custom geometry with 51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M315|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Altus M315, 2x8 (36/22)|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG31, 11-34, 8 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Riser alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HD-276 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HD-276 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-276, short reach lever|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled alloy|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR3 Comp, 27.5x2.2"/29x2.2"|
|Saddle||Bontrager Ajna 1 Women's|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.