TREK X-Caliber 7 2019
|Options||Sizes: 13.5 and 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Matte Dnister Black; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5 and 23" in 29; Colour: Matte Dnister Black; In Stock
Sizes: 13.5 and 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Matte Royal Blue; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5 and 23" in 29; Colour: Matte Royal Blue In Stock
Caution: X-Caliber will get you hooked. It packs all of Trek's XC race hardtail experience into a light, fast, race-ready bike that pairs the right wheel size with each frame size.
Nothing beats the efficiency, simplicity and straight-up fun of an X-Caliber hardtail in 29er or 27.5". Great for XC racing, marathons, 24-hour racing, or simply shredding singletrack.
The all-new Alpha Gold Aluminium frame has advanced tube shapes designed through hi-tech FEA analysis to provide the best balance of strength, weight, and ride quality. The new frame includes high-end features like internal derailleur and dropper post cable routing, tapered head tube, chainstay mounted brakes, and Boost141 hub spacing. The wider rear hub provides the same benefits of Boost148 in an open-dropout (quick release) configuration, namely stronger wheels, shorter chainstays for greater manoeuvrability, and more tyre clearance.
- The lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame delivers a phenomenal ride quality
- Shorter chainstays and Boost141 hub spacing for increased agility and clearance for wider tyres
- Updated geometry and an E2 tapered head tube for more confident handling
- The sleek internal routing protects cables and accommodates dropper post upgrades
- Smart Wheel Size: One wheel size does not fit all. Trek put the right size wheel on every frame: 27.5" on 13.5" and 15.5" frames, 29er on 17.5" and up. The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork - gives you amazing handling: precise at low speeds, yet excellent stability at high speeds too. Hydro-formed Alpha Gold Aluminium tubing gives a stiffer, responsive ride. Quality RockShox forks get you over and through everything, with help from the trustworthy 27 speed Shimano gearing, while Shimano hydraulic disc brakes give fantastic control.
Upgrades from Marlin 7:
- Lighter, highly refined Alpha Gold Aluminium frame with tapered headtube and Boost141 hub spacing cranks up the trail performance and fun factor
- RockShox 30 Silver fork
- Shimano Acera M4020 front derailleur, Acera M3000 shifters and chainset
- Shimano MT200 disc brakes
- Smart Wheel Size: With the emergence of the 27.5 (650b) wheel, there is more confusion today than ever surrounding mountain bike wheel size. Trek is introducing a strategy that will end the wheel size debate on hardtails, making it easier for riders to choose the right bike. Smart Wheel Size acknowledges that one wheel size does not fit all. Yet, a bigger wheel is a faster wheel with greater efficiency and momentum to carry you wherever you want to go. Bigger wheels roll better! So, ride the fastest wheel that fits.
For all riders challenged to fit on fast 29" wheels, Trek's X-Caliber 13.5" and 15.5" hardtails are designed around 27.5" wheels. Bikes sized 17.5" and up offer the speed and efficiency of 29" wheels. Smart Wheel Size is a simple sizing strategy that places riders on the fastest wheel that fits and kills the wheel size confusion.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium:
Trek's high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Gold feature some degree of mechanical and hydroforming to create more sophisticated shapes for lighter weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
- G2 Geometry:
The best-handling 29ers. Conventional wisdom says 29ers have sleepy handling compared to smaller wheel bikes. Trek solved that with G2 Geometry, featuring a custom-offset fork and advanced frame geometry for precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. It's why Trek 29ers handle better than any others.
- Internal derailleur routing:
Clean and simple. Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you run your derailleur housing directly through the frame, keeping the cable protected from the elements and your bike running smooth, clean, and quiet.
- Rack mounts:
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry.
|Forks||RockShox 30 Silver, coil spring, preload, rebound, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, G2 Geometry with 51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5": 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Acera M3000 Sahdow|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Alivio M4020|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Acera M3000 2x9 (36/22)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG200 11-36, 9 speed cassette|
|Headset||Semi-integrated, cartridge, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5": 690mm width)|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection double walled alloy, 32 hole|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC2241 alloy, Boost141|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20" (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20")|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.