TREK X-Caliber 8 2020
2021 Trek X-Caliber 8 due mid August 2020. More information to follow once Trek have launched the new model to the publicTrek: the best bikes, the best bike shops. To ensure you have a great experience while shopping for and servicing your new bicycle, Trek bikes are available only in person. We will not send Trek bikes by courier.
|Options||Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Matte Trek Black; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Sizes: M, M/L, L, XL, XXL in 29; Colour: Matte Trek Black; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Matte Alpine Blue; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Sizes: M, M/L, L, XL, XXL in 29; Colour: Matte Alpine Blue ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
2021 Trek X-Caliber 8 due mid August 2020. More information to follow once Trek have launched the new model to the public
X-Caliber 8 is a cross-country mountain bike made for fast laps and long days on the trail. It's built with special attention to value and the parts that make the biggest difference in performance. A 1x12 SRAM drivetrain, RockShox fork, and hydraulic disc brakes make it a great choice for new mountain bikers and XC racers searching for fast, fun, singletrack adventure.
The all-new Alpha Gold Aluminium frame has advanced tube shapes designed through hi-tech FEA analysis to provide the best balance of strength, weight, and ride quality. The new frame includes high-end features like internal derailleur and dropper post cable routing, tapered head tube, chainstay mounted brakes, and Boost141 hub spacing. The wider rear hub provides the same benefits of Boost148 in an open-dropout (quick release) configuration, namely stronger wheels, shorter chainstays for greater manoeuvrability, and more tyre clearance.
- The lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame delivers a phenomenal ride quality
- Shorter chainstays and Boost141 hub spacing for increased agility and clearance for wider tyres
- Updated geometry and tapered head tube for more confident handling
- The sleek internal routing protects cables and accommodates dropper post upgrades
- Race-ready spec: the simplicity and lightness of a 1x12 drivetrain, tunable RockShox air forks, suspension lockout, and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes mean you're ready to roll right from the go
- More sizes fit more riders:
Extended size range includes the extra small (13.5"), the additional mid-range M/L (18.5"), and the extra extra large (23") to better fit more riders.
- Smart Wheel Size: One wheel size does not fit all. Trek put the right size wheel on every frame: 27.5" on extra small and small frames, 29er on medium and up. The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
Upgrades from X-Caliber 7:
- SRAM SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain
- Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready (TLR) rims give an easy route into the world of tubeless. Ditch inner tubes for a lighter, better handling set-up, and a reduced chance of punctures (tubeless ready tyres, tubeless rim strips and sealant required, which are available separately).
- Alpha Gold Aluminium:
Trek's high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Gold feature some degree of mechanical and hydroforming to create more sophisticated shapes for lighter weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
The best-handling 29ers. Conventional wisdom says 29ers have sleepy handling compared to smaller wheel bikes. Trek solved that with a custom-offset fork and advanced frame geometry for precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. It's why Trek 29ers handle better than any others.
- Internal derailleur routing:
Clean and simple. Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you run your derailleur housing directly through the frame, keeping the cable protected from the elements and your bike running smooth, clean, and quiet.
- Rack mounts:
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminium, tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry.
|Forks||RockShox 30 Silver, Solo Air spring, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, custom 46mm offset for 29ers, 100mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle, 12 speed|
|Chainset||SRAM SX Eagle, GXP, 30T steel ring, Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||Truvativ Powerspline, 73mm, threaded cartridge|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Freewheel||SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed cassette|
|Headset||Semi-integrated, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready, 28 hole|
|Front Hub||Formula DC-20 LW alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC-2241 alloy, Boost141|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR3 Comp, 29x2.20" / 27.5x2.20"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.