TREK Marlin 7 2021
|Options||Size: L in 29; Colour: Marigold to Radioactive Red Fade; In Stock
Size: XL in 29; Colour: Marigold to Radioactive Red Fade; In Stock
Size: M in 29; Colour: Matte Nautical Navy/Matte Anthracite; In Stock
Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a great cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
The Marlin is a true performance bike, fully capable of long rides and races. It offers so much more than might be expected at this price point.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher quality suspension fork and a wide-range 1x drive train.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- The 1x drive train gives you all the gears you need and none you don't.
- RockShox Judy suspension forks with lock-out.
- Powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, ranging from XS (13.5") to XXL (23"), there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. Extra small and small frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
The XS size also has a shorter 80mm travel fork that gives smaller riders a better fit for a more efficient pedalling position.
Medium and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Upgrades from Marlin 6:
- RockShox Judy fork
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
Next model up: Marlin 8
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount.
|Forks||RockShox Judy, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, with custom offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (XS: 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M5120, long cage|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M4100, 10 speed|
|Chainset||FSA Alpha Drive, Boost, 1x10 (28T)|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA, 73 mm, threaded cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano Deore M4100, 11-46, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, Blendr-compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Comp, 27.5x2.2" / 29x2.2"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.