TREK Emonda SL 6 Disc 2020
|Options||Sizes: 47, 50cm; Colour: Voodoo Trek White; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
Size: 52cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Black; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 50, 52, 54cm; Colour: Trek Black/Trek White ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
***COLLECT IN STORE OR LOCAL HOME DELIVERY ONLY***
Emonda SL 6 Disc earns its place in Trek's lightest family thanks to the 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame, a full Shimano Ultegra groupset, quality Bontrager Paradigm Disc Tubeless Ready wheels, and front and rear 12mm thru axles for added stiffness. Flat-mount disc brakes give you better braking and more precise modulation.
Yes, you can have it all: a super lightweight bike, exceptional handling characteristics, race-level drivetrain, and all-weather stopping power.
- A super lightweight bike with exceptional handling characteristics that relishes the biggest climbs, steepest descents, tightest turns and fastest sprints
- Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc brakes and front and rear thru axles make it a great choice for fast roadies who want better stopping power and feel
- Ultralight 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with ride-tuned tube optimisation and backed by a lifetime warranty
- Emonda SL full carbon fork
- Weight: 8.18kg (56cm)
Upgrades from Emonda SL 5 Disc:
- Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and brakes
- Ride Tuned carbon seatmast cap
- Bontrager Paradigm Disc Tubeless Ready wheels
- Ultra lightweight: Emonda is the ultimate lightweight road racing machine, pushing the boundaries of what's possible for bicycle weight and ride performance.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon technology: Nobody does carbon better than Trek. Only with Trek's OCLV process can the complete bike system be fully integrated to create the lightest bike in the world.
Emonda SL Disc frame (56cm, painted): 1149g
Emonda Disc full carbon fork (painted): 350g
- Ride-tuned performance: Emonda elevates Trek ride performance to a whole new level. Custom ride-tuned OCLV Carbon frame provides the perfect balance of stiffness and weight. Each tube shape is optimised to maximise ride performance.
- Size-Specific Ride Tuned Performance
Trek have been ahead of the size-specific curve since 1992, when OCLV carbon was first introduced. Since 2008 Trek have been able to control the laminate on EVERY part of the frame, and this is continued on every carbon road bike Trek produce today. Using FEA (Finite Element Analysis), bench testing, and ride testing with pro teams, Emonda represents the absolute pinnacle of Trek's tube shaping expertise.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon
500 Series OCLV achieves a superb balance of light weight, strength, and stiffness that's perfectly suited to the sophisticated frame technologies that distinguish Trek frames.
- Tapered headtube and fork
The head tube tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1-1/8" upper bearing, and is wider side to side than front to back. This asymmetric steering system minimises weight while maximising power transfer and keeping the fork stiffer under cornering loads. Result: a more powerful and confident ride.
Wider is better. BB90 is the widest bottom bracket available on a road bike. This Trek-exclusive carbon BB makes the frame lighter, stiffer, and quicker to accelerate.
BB90 eliminates the need for extra inserts and parts in the bottom bracket/frame junction. Fewer parts mean a lighter frame. And a lighter frame means a faster ride.
- Ride Tuned seatmast
Ultimate comfort and light weight.
Trek's Ride Tuned seatmast is the lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort. The no-cut design eliminates traditional seatpost clamping forces, so less material is used at the seat tube junction, resulting in a lighter frame.
Additionally, most seatmast systems have to be cut, leaving little or no room for adjustability. The Ride Tuned seatmast system has more than 10cm of adjustment, making it the most adjustable system on the market.
- Tubeless Ready
These TLR rims will allow you to take the plunge to a tubeless tyre system. Advantages of going tubeless include: a lighter set-up, reduced chance of punctures, and the ability to run grippier, lower tyre pressures without having to worry about pinch punctures.
- DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S seamlessly integrates a Bluetooth/ANT+ sensor into the frame with no added aerodynamic drag. It allows you to measure speed, distance, and cadence on your computer or smartphone. It works with all the major ANT+ wireless technology players, including Bontrager, Garmin, Bryton, PowerTap, and SRM.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- 3S integrated chain keeper
The 3S chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- The lightest road bike line in the world is backed by the cycling world's best warranty. Additionally Emonda has passed all required safety standards, plus Trek's own stringent impact and durability tests, which greatly exceed industry standards. Thus the super lightweight Emonda carries the same generous 275lb rider weight limit as the rest of Trek's road line.
|Frame||Ultralight 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Ride Tuned performance tube optimisation, tapered head tube, internal cable routing, Ride Tuned seatmast, flat mount disc, 142x12mm thru axle, DuoTrap S compatible.
|Forks||Emonda SL full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, carbon dropouts, internal brake routing, flat mount disc.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra R8020 STI, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Ultegra R8000, compact (50/34)|
|Bottom Bracket||Trek BB90|
|Chain||Shimano Ultegra HG701|
|Freewheel||Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-28, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, cartridge bearings, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree, with Blendr compatible computer and light mounts|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Elite VR-C, alloy, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano Ultegra R8070 flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Ultegra R8070 flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra R8020 STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Paradigm Disc Tubeless Ready, 20mm width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager Paradigm Disc, 12mm thru axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager Paradigm Disc, 12mm thru axle|
|Tyres||Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, puncture resistant, foldable aramid bead, 700x25c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.