THOMSON Elite Seatpost*Clearance Product
|Options||30.9 x 410mm Black Inline In Stock|
Over 40% stronger on ultimate strength test than the strongest production seatposts on the market.
Over double the fatigue life of any other production models we tested. The tube and head of the Thomson seatpost are integral-machined from one single piece of high strength 7000 series aluminum. The head is not pressed or bonded in. This allows for superior strength and minimum weight, allowing higher strength at low weights.
- Lightweight: approximately 188 grams (250mm length) for road bikes and 228 grams (330mm length) for mountain bikes
- Natural ellipse bore inside tube for optimum strength to weight ratio
- Long 1.614 inch (41mm) seat rail grip length helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads
- The Thomson seatpost design incorporates a bending fuse to prevent catastrophic failure
- The Thomson seatpost has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 350 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 250 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson seatpost would bend slightly and allows the rider to come to a safe stop or finish the ride. The ride could continue.
- Every component of the Thomson seatpost is 100 percent American made. This includes all fasteners and forgings.
- The Thomson seatpost has all parts captive and can easily be attached to a seat without disassembly
- Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5 degrees and plus 29 degrees
- Very low profile clamps - no seat interference - swivel nuts are down between the seat rails
- The designs and materials have passed extensive life and ultimate strength tests
- Impact absorbing clamps - clamps, head, and assembly will spread and flex on impact to protect seat, rails, seatpost and rider
- Adjustments can be made to the tilt of the seat without moving the seat forwards or backwards
- Easy on seats: allows seat to survive heavy impact loads without bending rails
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.