BONTRAGER Ion Pro RT Front Bike Light
The Ion Pro RT front bike light lets you ride with confidence at all hours of the day and night. The USB rechargeable light features 5 modes for day and night, and its compact design and adjustable hard mount make it easy to securely attach it to the handlebars of any bike. It can be seen from 2km away as a daytime running light. Designed to offer lumens that last, Ion Pro RT lets you ride longer with sustained brightness.
- Ion Pro RT provides a powerful beam that lights up the full width of any road or trail
- A warm, wide 1300-lumen beam from high power CREE LED allows for confident night riding
- Specifically designed focus, flash and range flash patterns offer ultimate daytime visibility: research suggests that riding with a daytime-visible flashing light is the single best product solution for making a cyclist more noticeable
- Long-lasting brightness exceeds industry standards: consistent lumen levels throughout the runtime of the light
*1300 lumens 1.5 hours
*800 lumens 3 hours
*400 lumens 6 hours
*Night flash 26 hours
*Day flash 22 hours
- Connect with Garmin and Bontrager ANT+ devices for always on, battery status and control
- Double-click on switch helps eliminate the possibility of accidental operation and battery depletion while in transport
- Lock mode enables light to be set to a single preferred mode
- Compact and simple design is ideal for mounting on your helmet or handlebars and gives you maximum runtime without an external battery, cable or wires
- Adjustable hard mount attaches securely to handlebars between 25.4-35.0mm
- Blendr compatible with available helmet mount
- 4800 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Includes an adjustable hard mount and micro USB charging cable
- Weight: 192g
Bontrager Ion Pro RT review, Cycling Plus magazine front light grouptest, November 2020:
"Bontrager's Ion Pro RT achieves the gold standard of a high-lumen output with a consistent and well-focused beam pattern. The yellow beam produced does not appear to be the brightest when viewing the night shots [photographs], but it creates a warmer light without glare that is easier on the eye. Plus, the quality of the beam is very even with no obvious 'stepping' or hard edges. The distance reach is excellent and there's enough spread to give good peripheral vision without leaking too much light upwards, so less risk of dazzling pedestrians or other road users.
... This is a slim unit that doesn't hog space on your bar. The mount was the easiest on test to fit, with a simple hand-tightened hinged clamp that has an integral rubber bar-protector. It's a small detail but it made it so much less fiddly to fit and there's no chance of losing it. There is a reassuringly positive click when sliding the light onto the bracket, while a raised grip pattern on the sides makes it easy to remove, even with gloved hands. Together with the quality of the light, it's the considered detail like this that elevates the Ion Pro RT.
Our only gripe is that there is no lateral adjustment - the light is fixed in one position on the bracket - but that feels like a minor objection to what is an otherwise incredibly well-specified and designed light. Belting out enough lumens for confidence on unlit roads with little traffic, it transitions well to a more urban environment, and in contrast is bright enough for off-road use too. If you regularly switch between bikes and terrain it will work as well on your commute as on weekend club outings or mountain bike night rides.
The Bontrager Ion Pro RT is a powerful, versatile, solidly constructed light and a worthy winner."
Powerful and versatile light that will meet almost any riding need.
Best on Test
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.