LOOK Keo Blade Pedals
|Options||Black - In Stock
White - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
The Keo Blade brings together all the benefits of a blade pedal: crisper in and out clipping, better foot support for more security, aerodynamic shape and low weight. The platform contact area has been enlarged, providing excellent pedalling stability and power transfer.
Blade technology uses a blade instead of a conventional metal spring, which has many advantages for the user.
- Safe cleat entry/release: the blade flexes, providing a firm hold once clipped-in, and when clipping-out, releases the foot faster at the end of the process in a quick and secure movement
- An aerodynamic shape: thanks to the integration of the blade inside the body, pedals equipped with Blade technology have the best aerodynamic shape ever created
- Low weight: the design of the pedal around a blade system allows a significant reduction in weight and better load distribution
The Blade Spindle - more stability and better load distribution
Axle play is eliminated by a wave spring that constantly applies a pre-load that does not deteriorate over time. When pushing hard on the pedals, this system can completely eliminate the annoyances caused by any play.
Look axles are only approved after a rotational test equivalent to a Mark Cavendish sprint at 1700 watts with 100 revolutions/min for 333 hours!
Contact Surface Area: Maximum Power Output
To answer the desires of some of the most demanding cyclists, the pedal and cleat system must allow efficient power transfer through a broad and rigid contact surface.
Because of this, the Blade platform surface is covered with a 64mm wide, stainless steel plate that provides in excess of 400mm2 of contact area.
- Usage: Regular rider to competitive
- Body: Composite
- Axle: Chromoly steel +
Look axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90 kg on the centre of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (which creates stress on each revolution).
This is equivalent to a sprint of 1700 watts at 100 rpm for 333 hours! This test is 20 times much more demanding than the current standard, the ISO 4210.
- Bearings: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- Pedal Stack Height: 14mm
- Distance of Pedal to Cranks Arm: 53mm
- Contact Surface Area: >400mm2
- Float: 2 types of composite blades: 8 and 12
- Cleats (included): Keo Grip Cleats Grey
- Cleat Options: 0 degrees (Black), 4.5 degrees (Grey) or 9 degrees(Red)
- Pedal Weight: 120g (308g per pair with cleats and screws)
- Colour: Black or White
- 2 year warranty
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.