BONTRAGER Meraj S1 Softshell Jacket
|Options||S Vis Yellow - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
M Vis Yellow - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
L Vis Yellow In Stock
XL Vis Yellow - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
The Bontrager Meraj S1 Softshell Jacket powered by 37.5 active particle technology keeps your microclimate dry and comfortable while riding in above freezing conditions.
Winter Ride System: Bontrager S1 garments are designed for mid to low temperature rides, typically above freezing.
- Windproof and waterproof Profila Softshell fabric powered by 37.5 active particle technology on front and sleeves. 37.5 technology uses body heat to evaporate moisture. While other fabrics simply wick moisture around the garment, trapping humidity near the skin, 37.5 active particles on the inner liner push moisture to the outermost layer. This removes the moisture before it can build up inside the jacket.
- 20000mm waterproof, 18000g/mÂ²/24hour breathability
- Profila Thermal fabric powered by 37.5 active particle technology on back and underarms for enhanced breathability
- Brushed thermal Roubaix lining
- Three open back storage pockets plus two zip-up security pockets
- Thermal cuffs seal in warmth
- Full elasticated silicone gripper at hem keeps jacket from riding up
- Full zip with inner wind guard
- Reflective elements enhance visibility for maximum safety
- Fitted: a streamlined fit for all-around cycling performance
Bontrager Meraj S1 Softshell Jacket review, Bicycling magazine, January 2017 (see here):
"Quality gear made it possible for me to ride outdoors all winter long last year in Eastern Pennsylvania. Of the few key items in my winter kit, my jacket was the most valuable. A good one blocks the wind and insulates, but breathes so that you don't become a sweaty, freezing mess. My go-to??"the 7mesh Strategy softshell??"works beautifully, but costs $225.
That's why the $150 price tag of the new women's Bontrager Meraj S1 Softshell caught my attention. It skips some costlier features like taped seams and a waterproof zipper, and the front-facing panels are constructed of softshell material by 37.5, a newer player in the market than Gore, the company that makes the Windstopper fabric used in many premium jackets like the Strategy.
The S1 is designed to keep you warm (between 30 and 40 deg F) by keeping you dry. The 20,000mm waterproof rating is on par with good ski jackets, and under a faucet, water beaded off for several minutes. To vent body heat, the back panels are constructed of breathable thermal material (this part isn't water resistant). And when you do sweat, the 37.5 technology in the softshell panels uses volcanic material and coconut shells to create more space between the fibers, allowing your body heat to push moisture out into the air, rather than simply pulling it to the surface like some other wicking materials, says Bontrager marketing manager Sam Foos.
The S1 is formfitting enough for road riding and has three roomy rear pockets. On the men's side, the Velocis S1 Softshell provides the same construction and features at the same reasonable price."
Enjoy riding outdoors more this winter in a great women's outerlayer at a reasonable price
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.